Wednesday, February 7, 2007

car troubles.

our housemate is coming back from iraq early. this means i have no vehicle to get to class in. so.. we started to explore options for buying a car quick, craigslist was an obvious must. while i ended up purchasing a '98 Jetta yesterday, this doozy of an offer came into my inbox today:

(this was sent to more than just me, btw)


----------------

The car is still for sale...here are a few photos.
I bought the car with a pretty bad interior, and I've done my best to deal with/fix it. The Headliner needs to be replaced, I didn't have the money $$ to do it, but I had to do SOMETHING, so I went to Walmart and bought fabric...hah, it worked pretty well, but the straight pins don't stay in very well. Also, there are a couple cigarette burns around...I don't smoke, so the ones that "came with the car" are the only ones that are there. I've taken very good care of this car since I've bought it. I have almost, if not ALL of the repair sheets from when I'VE had the car...
I was slightly rearended in October 2006 (when I backed out of the parking space, a Woman in a Camaro wasn't paying attention and hit me in the center of the bumper), and the only damage was the back bumper & minor damage to the trunk...you can hardly tell...it's zip tied on, and I have no problems at all. The trunk is a little uneven from the hit, but it does not leak. I can take some more photos if needed. The mileage is almost 160k now...I bought the car at 147k, I think...and I've only used the car to drive back & forth to work (which was about an hour away).
I have put a head unit & 4 new speakers in the vehicle...I am askin for $1000 with it all. I have to re-wire the speakers & antennae...but, if you want to buy the car at $900 without the speakers and CDplayer, I think it would be pointless, haha.
My number is 609-312-****...and once again, my name is Amanda. Call for more information or to possibly set up a "test drive"...I live in Lindenwold, NJ...and I would be able to meet you somewhere if necessary...I LOVE driving this car, honestly...
OH, and I plan on getting the oil changed within the next week.
Thanks, Amanda

-------------

Well, thanks, Amanda, but I'll pass on this one.

No comments: